Saturday, May 24, 2008

Arnold...

Let me tell you about Arnold... 

Arnold has owned a camera store for 
something like 50 years at the top of the neighborhood I live in, the Jordaan. His range of old and new cameras in all shapes and sizes attracted me the first time I saw them in the window. Anyway - I've befriended him and his wife Bep. SOOOO... Arnold has OK'd my coming in to the store and learning from him in between his customers, and I think there's a lot of potential there. I'm hoping to do some film photography this summer - and perhaps experiment with some different formats?! We'll have to see how this all pans out... but I'm really quite excited about it all!
 
Anyway - I spent some time with him on Friday, and we he looked through the few photos that were on my camera... I'll be bringing my computer with me next time I see him so he can get a better idea of my skill level, it'll be nice to have fresh eyes looking at some of my older photos! Meanwhile, Arnold has given me sort of an assignment - I'm supposed to work on concentrating on bike photos... big surprise right... a Dutch guy suggesting I concentrate on bicycles. At least there is no lack of them around here... so it won't be too hard to work on that subject!  I'm posting my favorite of my bicycle photos on here - and you can see more at the link from the last post (I'll repost after the photo).


I came across this bike that was covered in I think stamps from all over the world. I should have taken more photos than I did of the interesting bike... but I did get this macro shot which I really like.



















Have a wonderful rest of your weekends.

No comments: