Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Congratulations Lily!!

From the beginning of my exploration of photography - over 10 years ago - my sister, Lily, has been one of my favorite subjects and a muse for me. She has been the focal point of some of my most successful portraits over the years. I was looking through some old black and white work that happened to be in the portfolio I brought over to Amsterdam. It was some of my very first images taken during beginning photography at Central High School with Mr. Gill. Unfortunately I do not have a scanner, but I know you'll believe me when I tell you some of the photos of Lily were my very best!

I just wanted to post this blog in honor of Lily today, because as some of you may know... Lily is graduating from Princeton University this afternoon (in the top 10% of her class! - No small feat!) I am SO proud of you Lily... and I look forward to your being the subject of more of my portraits since we will both be in the same city this coming year!! Enjoy this portrait I took of Lily in late December of 2007, and then click here for some more images I've taken of Lily over the years!

Mazel Tov Lily!!

Love, Talya

No comments: